Peavey SP Series SP2 Powered Speaker Enclosure
2 in stock
The Peavey® SP®2P is a powered, bi-amplified, two-way speaker system engineered to provide very high levels of performance in a compact powered loudspeaker. This two-way powered system is comprised of a 1000 W peak switching power amplifier driving a 15″ Black Widow® BWX series woofer, now with a long throw voice coil. The 2″ RX™22CT titanium diaphragm compression driver is driven by a 500 W peak switching power amplifier, and is coupled to a low coloration waveguide with a coverage pattern of 100° horizontal by 50° vertical.
The SP®2P is capable of up to 130 dB peak SPL. The enclosure is constructed of plywood augmented with internal braces, covered with a textured black painted finish. The shape is a modified-trapezoidal form, with a full-length coated perforated steel grille, to offer an attractive yet durable powered speaker system. A pair of four-way inset handles, one on each side, provide convenient transport and handling. The cabinet and grille are black.
Two independent mixed input channels each offer a balanced input to the preamp/EQ electronics, and a level control. Each channel has one combo female XLR and 1/4″ TRS phone jack. It is switchable between mic-level and line-level sensitivity. Channel 2 has a 3.5 mm media jack added. A line out section has male XLR connectors. The Thru outputs allow linking of additional speaker systems, or feed of the signal to a powered subwoofer, etc.
The power amplifiers providing the bi-amplification are low-distortion switching units providing 1000 W peak available power into the nominal 4 ohm load of the woofer, and a 500 W peak available power into the nominal 8 ohm load of the tweeter. The power supply for both amps is a switch mode type for low weight and high efficiency. Both amplifiers feature our DDT™ compression, which virtually eliminates audible power amplifier clipping. Cooling is via forced air circulation. A four-way handle on each side provides ease of transport, while multiple fly points are provided to allow overhead rigging.
The combination of the Black Widow® BWX woofer with the RX™22CT tweeter and DSP crossover and EQ provide a clarity and impact beyond conventional powered enclosures. The switching power amps and switch-mode power supply, along with the professional grade speaker components, provide this high level of technological sophistication at a very light weight, while at a very reasonable cost.
- Bi-amplified powered speaker system
- Eq presets available via rotary encoder pushbutton select
- 9-Band eq and other system settings accessed via rotary encoder pushbutton select
- Dynamic bass boost function
- Up to 150 ms of architectural delay
- Dsp based crossover, limiting and eq
- Two independent mixed input channels, with gain control and mic/line gain switch
- Each channel features a combo jack with 1/4″ trs & female xlr balanced input
- Input 2 has a 3.5 Mm (1/8″) stereo media input jack
- Output connectors are male xlr
- Four-way inset handles on each side
- Peak spl up to 130 db with music!
- Full length perforated steel grille
- Peavey rx™22ct compression driver tweeter on a quadratic throat waveguide
- Rugged plywood enclosure, with bracing and dado construction
- 15″ Black widow® bwx woofer
- Pole mount included
- Both power amps have ddt compression
- Reduced weight – only 59 pounds!
- 1000 Watts peak available woofer power, 500 watts peak available tweeter power
- Multiple fly points
- Fan cooled for maximum reliability
- Dimensions Packed (HxWxD): 30” (762mm) x 20” (508mm) x 20” (508mm)
- Weight: 66lb (30 kg)