Roland Micro Cube GX Guitar Amplifier White
Out of stock
If you’re buying a small amp, you know the problem: small needs to be cheap which usually means nasty. You end up getting a small amp with a sound to match – not exactly what you were after, whether you’re jamming in your spare room or warming up in the green room.
The Roland MICRO CUBE is the world’s most popular battery-powered amp, mainly because it’s small, loud, and built for life on the road (an important point as portable amps end up in all manner of weird and wonderful places). The latest addition to the MICRO CUBE range is the MICROCUBE GX, and although it has remained small, it’s now even louder, has a chromatic tuner and a memory function for saving your favourite settings.
And most importantly, because small amps still need to be loud, a high-gain EXTREME mode brings the number of COSM amps onboard to eight, while a HEAVY OCTAVE setting has been added for those thick, ultra-low tones that we all secretly love.
Finally, the i-CUBE LINK connector opens many new opportunities for practice and recording, providing a built-in audio interface for working with music apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You can even connect to the free CUBE Jam app for iOS and learn difficult guitar parts or just record your jamming sessions and email them to the band or the A&R man.
- Ultra-compact guitar amp with custom-designed speaker
- Weighs 2.7 kg
- Eight COSM amp tones, including the ultra-heavy EXTREME amp
- Eight DSP effects, including HEAVY OCTAVE and dedicated DELAY/REVERB with spring emulation
- MEMORY function for saving favourite amp and effects settings
- i-CUBE LINK jack provides simple audio interfacing with Apple’s iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (interface cable included)
- Free CUBE JAM app for iOS plays songs and minus-one jam tracks, and lets you record the MICRO CUBE GX’s COSM amp tones along with music playback
- Chromatic tuner built in
- Runs on battery power or supplied AC adapter; carrying strap included
Play louder, for longer (and lighter: under 3kg)
When choosing a small-format amp, remember the three Ps: power, portability and performance. Let’s think of power in terms of tone and playing time (when used with batteries). The MICROCUBE GX provides enough gutsy tone to keep the neighbours unhappy, yet this extra power doesn’t come at the expense of battery life: you’ll get up to 25 hours of playing time using six NiMH AA-size batteries. And if you’re the type of person who can’t be without a guitar even on holidays, the MICRO CUBE GX includes a chromatic tuner, eliminating the need to carry an external tuner when you play. You’ll also appreciate that the GX weighs well under 3kg, so it can even come on the plane as hand luggage.
World-Class Amps and Boss Effects
The MICRO CUBE GX contains a technology called COSM, which lets you play any musical style, from ultra-clean jazz to heavy rock and everything in between. The new EXTREME amp setting is ready to dispense face-melting metal riffs while the MIC setting lets you use the amp with a vocal microphone. Five different EFX types are available to sweeten your sound, with a new HEAVY OCTAVE effect that adds ultra-low power to distorted tones. An independent DELAY/REVERB processor is onboard as well, with a new spring reverb for authentic surf and roots-rock sounds.
Instantly recall your favourite sound
The new MEMORY function turns the MICRO CUBE GX into a dual-channel amp; just dial up the amp tone and the effects you want, hold the MEMORY button for a few seconds, and your settings are saved! After that, you can toggle between the saved setup and the current knob settings with a quick button press. Use it for saving a favourite sound, switching between rhythm and lead tones, or instantly calling up a special sound for a particular song or style.
i-CUBE LINK: A Simple Way To Record
More than ‘just’ a great-sounding guitar amp, the new MICRO CUBE GX features Roland’s i-CUBE LINK interface, allowing two-way connectivity and easy recording with an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Unlike some bulky iOS interfaces, i-CUBE LINK simply connects to your device’s audio jack with the included cable, enabling you to play along with music tracks and send studio-quality bespoke amp tones direct to the recording app of your choice. The i-CUBE LINK jack can also be used as a simple stereo input, connecting to most audio devices and turning the MICRO CUBE GX amp into a high-quality music playback system.
Free CUBE JAM App: Get Better Faster
Available free from the App Store, the Roland CUBE JAM app turns your iOS device into a command centre for jamming, recording and learning. Using the i-CUBE Link, you can play back your favourite songs as minus-one tracks and jam along for hours using the MICRO CUBE GX’s great tones. In addition, CUBE JAM works like a virtual studio, letting you record, perfect the mix, then export your music as a 16-bit, 44.1 kHz WAV file. CUBE JAM also features powerful tools for practice, including independent speed and pitch adjustment of audio playback, plus Centre Cancel to remove solos and create your own jam tracks. And that’s just the start…
- Rated Power Output
- 3 W
- Nominal Input Level (1 kHz)
- INPUT: -10 dBu/1 M ohm i-CUBE LINK/AUX IN: -10 dBu
- 12 cm (5 inches) x 1
- POWER switch AMP TYPE switch (ACOUSTIC SIM, JC CLEAN, BLACK PANEL, BRIT COMBO, CLASSIC STACK, R-FIER STACK, EXTREME, MIC) MEMORY button TUNER button GAIN knob VOLUME knob TONE knob EFX knob (CHORUS, FLANGER, PHASER, TREMOLO, HEAVY OCTAVE) DELAY/REVERB knob (DELAY, REVERB, SPRING) MASTER knob
- POWER MEMORY EFX DELAY/REVERB TUNER
- INPUT jack (1/4-inch phone type) i-CUBE LINK/AUX IN jack (4-pole miniature phone type) REC OUT/PHONES jack (Stereo miniature phone type) DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- AC adaptor Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6 Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 6
- Current Draw
- 155 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline battery: Approximately 20 hours Rechargeable Ni-MH battery: Approximately 25 hours (When using batteries having a capacity of 2,400 mAh.) * This can vary depending on the capacity of the batteries and the conditions of use.
- Owner’s Manual AC adaptor Strap Mini cable (4-pole miniature phone type)
Electric Guitars ; Roland
Electric Guitars ; Amplifiers