Roland TM-2 Electronic Drum Trigger Module
Out of stock
The smart way to supercharge acoustic drums with electronic sounds
You’ve come a long way with shells and skins. But now, with every session and song demanding a different vibe, you’re starting to realise there are some sounds that acoustic drums can’t deliver. The good news: there’s no need to ditch your beloved kit or dig deep for a full electronic setup. The Roland TM-2 Trigger Module brings the two worlds together, attaching instantly to your acoustic kit and fusing all the features of electronic percussion into your performance.
Technophobes relax: the Roland TM-2 Trigger Module isn’t here to mess with the feel or ruin the raw tone you love about your acoustic kit. Battery-powered, compact and easy to attach, it’s a silent partner until you’re ready to get creative. A massive choice of pro kit sounds and studio-quality multi-FX come ready-to-play in the TM-2, and it’s easy to blend these digital drum sounds with the ‘raw’ tone of your acoustic kit for truly personalised tones – triggered with one hit of your stick.
Plus, with the option of loading in your own custom WAV sounds, loops, samples and backing tracks via SDHC card, alongside twin inputs to support Roland pads and triggers like the BT-1, KT-10 and RT-10 series, the TM-2 is the fastest and most flexible way for acoustic drummers to harness electronic features and create a hybrid kit.
- Compact trigger module that gives acoustic drummers the creative features of electronic percussion?
- Over 100 ready-to-play professional sounds, ranging from acoustic drums and percussion to modern electronic instruments
- Includes many sounds and tonal elements designed for layering with acoustic drums, providing enhanced, high-impact sounds for playing live drums through a PA system
- Suitable for all genres, from rock and metal to electronic music
- SDHC memory card slot lets users load in their own WAV sounds, from one-shot samples and loop phrases to complete backing tracks
- Two trigger inputs that support both single and dual-trigger pads
- Simple and intuitive user interface for creating and selecting kits
- Process kits with powerful effects such as reverb, flanger, delay, and more
- Compatible with Roland RT-series acoustic drum triggers and Roland percussion pads, including the BT-1 Bar Trigger Pad, KT-10 Kick Trigger Pedal, V-Pads, and V-Cymbals
- Powered by batteries or included AC adapter; runs for up to four hours on four AA-size batteries
- Included mounting plate allows the TM-2 to be attached to a hi-hat stand or drum rack with a standard multi-clamp
- MIDI I/O for triggering sounds in external sound modules, capturing MIDI data in music software, and playing the TM-2 from other devices
Acoustic feel. Electronic features. Zero fuss
Perhaps you’re intrigued by electronic percussion, but your love for the acoustic vibe has stopped you taking the plunge with a full digital kit. We hear you. The TM-2 Trigger Module doesn’t force you to kiss off your trusty acoustic kit – this unit hops onboard to augment it. Affordable, easy-to-use and with no wiring spaghetti junction thanks to the option of AA battery power, this compact unit mounts easily and discretely onto a hi-hat stand or drum rack, while the intuitive display and no-nonsense controls ensure you don’t miss a beat live.
Compatible with your favourite Roland pads and triggers
If you’re putting together a hybrid kit, you want the flexibility to do it your way. To that end, the TM-2 has dual trigger inputs for connecting any two pads or trigger devices from Roland’s extensive range (even including those that support dual-triggering), with perfect jump-offs including the BT-1 Bar Trigger Pad, the new KT-10 Kick Trigger Pedal and the RT-10 series acoustic drum triggers. Start pimping your kit today.
Over 100 studio-quality drum sounds to suit any gig
All acoustic drummers know the frustration of getting a weedy live sound back through the PA. With the TM-2, it’s easy to dial up incredible processed drum sounds that you can rely on in any venue from stadium to sweatbox. This module comes loaded with a wide selection of acoustic sounds and tonal elements, and lets drummers layer these digital sounds over the raw sound of their acoustic drums for maximum tonal impact. Covering your back in every scenario, the TM-2 contains traditional percussion sounds like cowbell, wood block and wind chimes (easy to trigger with the BT-1 Bar Trigger Pad), plus mind-blowing modern electronic sounds. Old-school just met new-school.
Easily load your own samples, loops and effects via SDHC card
Hybrid kits are all about getting creative, so while the TM-2 satisfies most visionaries with its onboard effects and tones, it also has a SDHC memory card slot for easy import of your own creations. Let’s say you’ve got a killer sample, audio loop or backing track, or want to borrow the thundering intro from ‘When The Levee Breaks’. Like the rest of the TM-2’s operation, it couldn’t be simpler: just copy the WAV audio files from your computer onto an SDHC card, then bring your own sounds to the party via the dedicated card slot and play them via pads or trigger with RT-10 series triggers.
MIDI port for easy interaction with your favourite gear
Think of the Roland TM-2 as the hub that brings all your musical equipment together. Using the MIDI port, it’s simple to hook up with external devices. Got a V-Drums kit? Connect your V-Drums module and trigger sounds in the TM-2 via the pads on your kit, or connect with your computer to play samples in drum software. For ultimate flexibility, you can even play back the TM-2’s internal and SDHC-stored sounds through an external MIDI device.